Senator Jeff Sessions


My office is pleased to provide assistance to active duty military members, their families, and members of the National Guard and Reserves. All of my staff and I appreciate the sacrifices of the men and women in uniform and are happy to assist you whenever possible.

There are several government programs of which you should be aware. Tricare is the managed health care program of the Department of Defense for active duty military and their families, retirees and their families, and other beneficiaries. The National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records NPRC (MPR) is the repository of military personnel, health, and medical records of discharged and deceased veterans of all services during the 20th century. NPRC (MPR) also stores medical treatment records of retirees from all services, as well as records for dependent and other persons treated at naval medical facilities.

In addition to medical assistance, my office offers prospective college-bound students a guide to applying for a nomination to one of the five U.S. Service Academies: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine and Coast Guard. The entire process can be reviewed on-line through the Service Academies webpage section.

For further assistance with more specific concerns, please see the web sites provided to the right along with the frequently asked questions.


You will need to complete the Privacy Act waiver form in order for my office to make inquiries on behalf of your request. Be sure to sign the form and include your address and daytime phone number. Return the waiver along with any additional information pertaining to your case to one of my four state offices nearest you.


Are you attempting to transfer?
Requests for transfer must be made through the proper chain of command. In cases of personal or family hardship and on medical grounds, my office can contact the Pentagon and ask for the additional consideration of your request. Return to Top
Are you having difficulties with active duty pay, retirement pay or moving expenses?
My office can contact the Defense Finance and Accounting Service to obtain information specific to your case and attempt to have your situation resolved. Return to Top
Are you seeking a change in your discharge status?
My office can make inquiries related to a change in discharge status, but the decisions to alter that status fall within the jurisdiction of military review boards and I cannot influence their decision. Return to Top
Are you seeking a discharge from the military?
If your request has been unsucessful after going through the proper chain of command and established military procedures, then my office can make an inquiry into the status of your request. Return to Top
Have you been charged with a violation of military codes or laws?
Specific procedures have been established under the Uniform Code of Military Justice to deal with violations of military law. As with other court proceedings, my office is prohibited from interfering. Return to Top