Senator Jeff Sessions


The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) was established in 1965 and is the principal federal agency responsible for programs concerned with the nation’s housing needs, fair housing opportunities, and improvement and development our country's communities.

Federal law prohibits housing discrimination based on a citizen’s race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, or family status. If you have a fair housing complaint, you will find an online form at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's web page. You are also about to reseach the Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs) that are currently available, how to apply for the funds, and any deadline dates through the HUD web site.


If your problem or issue is with the federal government, you may contact one of my state offices for a casework representative to assist you. You will need to complete the Privacy Act waiver form in order for me and my staff to make inquiries on behalf of your request. Be sure to sign the form and include your address and daytime phone number.


Are you experiencing difficulties with your Section 8 housing?
My office can make inquiries to determine why you may have been rejected for Section 8 status with the relevant federal agencies. Return to Top
How can I apply for Section 8 housing?
To apply for public housing or Housing Choice (Section 8) vouchers, you will need to first visit your local public housing authoity. Many have long waiting lists, so you may want to apply at more than one public housing authority. You can find helpful links to the Alabama housing authority listed below. Return to Top