Senator Jeff Sessions


The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is responsible for administering the Internal Revenue Code enacted by Congress. If you need information pertaining to individual and business taxes, tax laws, and forms and publications, the IRS web site provides information that can be downloaded for current and previous tax years. You also can call the IRS's toll free number, 1-800-829-1040. You will go through an electronic list and eventually be directed to a representative who can assist you with most questions. If you only need to know the status of your tax return you can call 1-800-829-4477.


After you have used the above resources, if you feel that you were not given a satisfactory answer or they were not able to help, please contact my office. If you would like us to contact IRS on your behalf, you will need to complete the Privacy Act waiver and submit it to any of my four state offices along with any supporting documentation in order for a casework representative to assist you.


Are you currently in legal proceedings against the IRS?
Once a matter goes to a court of law, the Senate is prohibited from interfering with the workings of our judicial system. Return to Top
Are you in a dispute with the IRS and have not been able to resolve the issue through the Taxpayer Advocate?
If so, my office may make inquiries on your behalf and attempt to resolve the matter. Before any action can be taken, you must complete and sign the privacy waver which can be filled out and printed on the following page. Return to Top